Everyone’s Irish on Saint Patrick’s Day! Actually, my mom and I often get mistaken for Irish. It must be our fair Swedish skin and eyes. I even once got a letter addressed to Nik O’Lopoulos. Yep.
Here’s a couple of St. Patrick’s Day-related links for you:::
- On my last trip to Ireland, I got to visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin. Fun facts: Benjamin Guinness — yes, of beer fame — funded the reconstruction of the cathedral and Jonathan Swift (author of Gulliver’s Travels) was dean here. Find out more in my Church Hopping article.
- Then, this summer I took a group Church Hopping to St. Patrick’s Cathedral here in New York City. You can read about that fun experience here.
- One of my colleagues at Burnside, wrote this interesting article about the meaning of hair when Sinéad O’Connor tweeted that she hated Ireland.
- Here’s a review of Irish author Colum McCann’s Dancer, also from a colleague on Burnside.
- You know how four-leaf clovers are supposed to be lucky? Well, someone in Japan found a 56-leaf clover.
- This is a pretty four-leaf clover necklace.
- Have you ever heard this Irish blessing? It’s so beautiful, and it always reminds me of the Rebecca St. James song “Abba Father.”
- Going back to Guinness, the beer company is aiming to set a record for the world’s biggest St. Patrick’s Day party. Sounds fun!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone!!