Most writers know about NaNoWriMo–National Novel Writing Month in November. But did you know that February is National Haiku Writing Month?
To celebrate NaHaikWriMo, I’ve been reading haikus by Jack Kerouac and writing a few of my own.
Interestingly, Jack Kerouac’s Book of Haikus was published in Persian before On the Road was translated.
Here are a few articles from around the blog on Kerouac and haiku:
- Read some of Kerouac’s haikus here
- Listen to Kerouac reading his haikus here
- American haiku by Kerouac
- What can we learn about haiku from Jack Kerouac?
- Megan Klein on Kerouac’s haiku
- Bridget McNulty on how Kerouac’s haiku changed her life